Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ways to Wear a Scarf -- Part 1

 
       So I just recently started painting silk scarves, and it has come to my attention, that many people are unaware of how many different ways a scarf can be worn.  So here are a few basic ways, and my next blog will cover a few more ways.
     There is the one that everyone knows, just simply around your next, or tucked under a collar.  This, while easy, displays the scarf beautifully down your chest, but the scarf must be fairly short to do this one.  The next basic one is a single tie as shown in the picture to the left. Probably the most common way to wear a scarf, simple yet beautiful, and can be done with any length scarf.
   
The next way, I wear a lot.  I love the feel of the scarf up around my neck and because I don't wear a lot of jewelry, this works as a choker, as you can see with the picture just above.  This is also quite simple.  Hold the center of the scarf up to the front of your throat, put the two ends of it behind you so that they are hanging down your back.  Crisscross the two ends behind your head and bring them back over your shoulders.  This can be worn two ways, as a choker in the picture above or you can pull the loop that is around your neck down, shortening the two tails to as far as you would like.  As you can see from the picture to your left, to do this the scarf needs to be fairly long.  The scarf pictured is a 72" scarf.
      We are going to talk about one more way in this blog, but my next blog will discuss a few more ways, including braiding your scarf.
     So this next way is also very simple to do.  I wear this with my winter scarves a lot, because you can pull it tight and have a lot of the fabric up by your throat keeping you extra warm.  For this one, you are going to fold the scarf in half and put it around your neck, see picture to the left.  Then you will tuck the tails through the loop, picture below, then pull the tails down as far as you would like, you can tighten it all the way up to your neck, or keep it loose.  As you can tell by how short the tails are, you can not do this one with a short scarf.  Find your favorite scarf now, and go experiment with it.  =)
 
    You can see more of my beautiful hand painted scarves by visiting my online store www.etsy.com/shop/artbycheri  you can also keep an eye out for my new items by following my facebook page www.facebook.com/pianobycheri  and you can contact me for special orders via my website. www.pianobycheri.com

No comments:

Post a Comment